Thursday, October 25, 2007

Jill Update 10/25/07

Well, chemo is OVAH!!! Yahoo! Jill is feeling more herself again. She is anxiously waiting for the surgery (next Friday, Nov. 2nd) and wishes it could've been done and over with by now. Surprising to me in a way, since I figured she'd be dreading it, but she's ready to get it done and MOVE ON.

She's made friends recently with a young woman, Becky, in her same predicament (only with twin 1 yr. old boys) and has received encouraging news that Becky's recovery has not been too difficult after her double mastectomy. Not too difficult meaning not unbearable pain or complications. The practical part of not being able to lift anything over 5 lbs. is the tough part. How in the world do you take care of your kids and recover from major surgery? Family and friends will play a big part. We're ready!!

Thank you everyone for sending cards and other types of support. To Jill, the surgery is the hardest part of this whole ordeal, so keep the well wishes coming. We had an impromptu night for the girls at Keystone Lake last weekend to boost morale - kind of a Bye Bye Boobies party. Thanks to Mandi R. for the great idea. We're looking forward to the "Hello Hooters" party to which everyone will be invited.

Love,

Amber

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." - Is. 40:29

=============================================================

PICS

Aunt Ber took Peyton for ice cream at Marble Slab (notice the booboo on her eye - a playground injury)




Peyton at the Riverwalk Crossing in Tulsa




Lainey looking a little concerned - No wonder, this is the Mike-Tyson-ear-biter pose from Jill ;o)




The view we girls had from the deck at Jill's friend Jennifer's lake house. We soooo enjoyed girl time! If you only knew...




A little Peach Schnapps is good for the body, say Tammy and Jill. (I tended to disagree the next morning ;)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Do I have the best sister or what? I don't know what I would do with out all your support Ber. I would not have the little sanity that I have without you. Love ya lots!!! Jill

Ber said...

Anything I can do to make it easier makes me feel like a useful person. You'll always be my little sister. Just let me know, and I'll go into attack mode on any enemy you have. Love ya too...