Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Update - 1/29/08

January Update

January has proven to be an unpredictable month weather-wise around Oklahoma. We've had a few upside down days (where it starts out 60 degrees in the morning and ends up 30 degrees at noon), like today. The wind was just ferocious! They say Chicago is the windy city, but I beg anyone to compare today with any wind anywhere else. BUT! Enough about the weather...

JILL and FAM
Jill is doing well. She's up to a C cup now on the fills and only has a couple more fills to go before getting the expanders replaced with the "real" fake implants. We'll let everyone know when that surgery is slated as soon as we know. For a few days after she gets each fill, she's pretty uncomfortable in that area because it's so tight. She's happy to be back at work and finally feeling like putting real effort into the reading program she's responsible for. She has a new principal who is a lot easier to work with than the last. Also, Aunts Cindy and Linda left Jill and I presents on our doorsteps this month. Sooo very nice and appreciated - thank you. Good news - Jerry got a job at Spirit Bank as a mortgage lender. He officially started yesterday. Not exactly sure what all it entails, but he will be running loans on property for them.

I babysat the girls last Saturday and have some pics to show for it below. Peyton is an excited and smart 4 year old who never ceases to amaze. Jill and I were looking at house lots one day (for me) with the kids in the back, and Peyton imparted some of her wisdom with us. She said diamonds should have good cut, color, and clarity. WHAT?!! We laughed so hard... Apparently she learned this at school from her teacher. Who knows how that conversation came up. Lainey has her first tooth now. Aunt Ber was lucky enough to discover this one before anyone else. Since I don't watch them that much these days, I was kinda proud. She's eating all the vegetable baby food like Peyton never did and sleeping up to 12 hours a night. Such a good, sweet baby (but keeps Jill and Jerry on their toes with fussiness in the evenings).

MOM and DAD
Mom and Dad kept the girls a couple weekends ago. Momo and Poppy realize they won't be little forever. Both Dad and Mom have been sick with "the crud". Dad had it especially bad for more than a week - even had to go to urgent care for some meds. Let's see, spring is when?? They are now experienced slot players and enjoy playing penny slots around the area casinos. I go with them occasionally, and even though it's small change, it's fun to sit with each other and feed off everyone's wins.

AMBER
As for me, I've been very busy selling my house and buying a new one. Cleaning out my house I've been in for 12 years, staging for buyers, gathering documentation, and repairing the current house and storm damage has kept things hopping around here. In about the November timeframe, I decided that since Jill was on her way to recovery, there was no better time than the present to get going on making my dreams come true - one being getting a new house. Carpe diem (seize the day) may seem like an overused cliché, but when you've had the year we've had, it rings a little truer than before. We all have a limited number of years here, so get going and get it done. Get out and have fun; do things you've always said you'd do, and make it happen! (These are mottos I'm TRYING to live by... It's still hard to really do it though. :o)

Thanks to those who have sent family updates via snail mail and blogs. We really enjoy hearing what's going in everyone's lives. Pics are a big bonus, so keep it up.

Love,

Amber


PICS
======================


Jill and Lainey Paige (Jill's winning the hair growing contest)




Peyton Olivia in her best pose




You know, Spit Happens (that's actually Mixed Vegetables)




Amber's new house back porch




Amber's new house living room

No comments: